Sunday, October 12, 2014

Why am I an Artist?


Why am I an artist? Who am I as an artist? What kind of art do I do? What do I try to do or tell throughout my art? Do i want my paintings to be just like any other paintings? This is a subject that concerned me for a long time. I have had great teachers and mentors throughout my artistic learning, which I would like to highlight not only as great teachers but as good friends: Ginny Miller and Xavier Monsalvatje. Like any other person, artists will always have someone to look up to, artist that we admire, that we can somehow relate to. In my case I have, among many of them, Salvardor Dali, Diego Velázquez, Matt Hughes and James Tissot, that in many ways made me who I am as an artist today.  All those years analyzing myself, thinking over and over about my art, trying new techniques  and searching inside my soul, I finally understand all those questions above. 

As an artist, I interpret both personal feelings and those of others. There are many souls, including my own, waiting to be released. Hoping that their own bodies give the command to get discovered to express the harsh reality that humanity does not accept. People, who for fear of what someone else might think, do not dare to bare their souls.

In analyzing my work, these souls try to communicate with their own bodies, making the whole feel identified. Each trying to describe themselves through the corresponding work. I want to create a world
where human beings feel free to express themselves, where there is no discrimination, where the person is accepted as is and not  for what they have or how well they lie. I want the critic not only criticize the beauty of the colors and / or technique, but to know how to communicate with my work, knowing how to listen to it and not only speak about it.

I create pieces from death and depression, to life and happiness, even with both.

My objective is for those who feel alluded, to be able through my work to know how to untie themselves from such a tight knot.















No comments:

Post a Comment