Friday, October 24, 2014

Journey in the Imagination of an Innocent Mind

There are many things that inspire me when doing a painting.  Today I want to talk about one of my oil paintings, maybe the one that I had the most fun with, not only because I love the palette of color I used but because it's a portrait of my amazing son and our beautiful dog ("Journey in the Imagination of an Innocent Mind").

I wanted to create a perfect world where I could see the the image of my young son forever.  To do so I had to reflect his personality and an imagination of a child onto the canvas. Also, I couldn't forget about my dog which needed to have the perfect and unique expression that only people close to her can recognize.

I added different toys to show some symbols of his childhood.  I recreated his strong personality by painting him as the king, which he is in my family. Also, by making him holding his stuffed bunny (Foofoo), that he had since he was a baby, and putting him in his pajamas, I portrayed the innocent and affectionate nature he has.


When it comes to the surroundings, I had to paint something that will make you feel young forever, that will remind you of your childhood.  What better way of doing that than painting a background reminiscent of Peter Pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment